In honor of C-section Awareness Month I thought it would be best to share some tips to help you out holistically. First off, let’s look at this. A C-section is a major surgery. You are basically put under, obviously you need to be somewhat awake, they cut you open, move your organs around and remove your baby. Even the thought takes a bit of recovery. This is a very intrusive procedure. On your way home from the hospital pick up your prescription.Take the meds. I learned the hard way that they make a huge difference. In fact, I couldn’t get comfortable without them. Now taking the painkillers doesn’t mean you don’t need the oils. The oils will give you relief from the other symptoms not pain related. Please use the following oils topically or aromatically as indicated on the bottle and always dilute when using on children or sensitive persons. If you are breastfeeding, these are all safe to use but please dilute before topical application.
- DigestZen – The digestive blend will help to regulate your digestive system. The constipation is one of the worst pains you will ever experience. Well it was for me. This blend will get everything “moving” again. Contains Anise, Peppermint, Ginger, Caraway, Coriander, Tarragon, and Fennel essential oils. You may have heard that breastfeeding women should stay away from peppermint oil as it used to slow/stop milk production. In her book, Essential Oils for Pregnancy, Birth & Babies, Stephanie Fritz indicates that it is not an all of a sudden process and you would notice a dip in your supply before things came to a halt.
- OnGuard – This powerful blend of immune boosting oils will help protect you from environmental threats you may have encountered while in the hospital. Considering you were opened up and exposed to all the germs during your surgery it’s important to make sure your immune system is ready to encounter those super germs. This contains Wild Orange, Clove, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary essential oils.
- Frankincense – The king of oils, it can help lessen stress in times of trauma and it promotes healing. It also has a emotional component. Moms who may not feel a connection after the birthing process will find that this oil can help them achieve that unified feel. Frankincense is also excellent for skin because it is restorative and regenerative.
- Lavender – This is one of the most commonly used essential oils. It is excellent for calm both the mind and the body. It can be used to minor skin irritations and abrasions. It is also great for relieving stress and calming irritabilities.
- Correct-X – This one is not an oil blend like the others. This is more of an ointment. It has Lavender, Cedarwood, Helichrysum, Frankincense, and Melaleauca essential oils in a coconut oil base. This is hands down the best for healing cuts and incisions and even tattoos. So you could see how helpful it can be on your C-section scar. This will also come in handy with the baby.
- Balance – This grounding blend contains Blue Chamomile, Blue Tansy, Frankincense, Ho Wood, Spruce and Fractionated Coconut Oil. This will help the emotional component of postpartum care.
I also have some other non-oil tips I wanted to share.
- Get yourself an abdominal binder or compression panties. They will help to speed up recovery and relieve some of the pain as well as keep your abdominal muscles together. There are a lot of different options. I found the UpSpring brand on Amazon to be the most comfortable and affordable.
- Practice some facial reflexology on yourself. There are points on your face that will help alleviate pain and aid in the healing process.
- Ask for help. DO NOT try to do it all yourself. Whether is physical or emotional help. Find it. Take it. It’s not forever.
I hope you found these tips helpful. Everyone’s journey is different so I felt these were the tips that would help almost anyone. To buy your oils at retail follow this link and to buy them wholesale follow this link.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
**All Amazon purchase links are affiliate links.